If you want to naturally keep bugs and animals away from your garden, try planting these herbs.
● Lavender is known for its soothing scent, but it also has insect-repelling properties.
● Basil is a great companion plant for tomatoes. It also repels flies and mosquitoes.
● Chives work great as repellents against bugs, such as aphids and slugs.
● Mint is a great companion plant for tomatoes. Mint attracts ants, which keep other pests away from the tomato plants. Mint also repels aphids, flea beetles and whiteflies. In addition to being an insect repellant, it also deters rabbits and deer from grazing on it.
● Tansy is a great repellent for flies, mosquitoes and other pests. It also deters rabbits, deer and mice.
● Lemon Balm is great at keeping cats away from plants because of its minty scent (which cats don’t like). The plant also has a calming effect on cats so they won’t be so worked up when they’re near it!