Listen to this short video on how to measure for & draw the best nursery room layout!
In terms of drawing your own floor plan, you have 3 great options:
1. Good old pencil and paper. We recommend gridded paper, so you can keep things as organized as possible. For instance, every two to four squares on your paper can represent one foot of your room’s actual measurements.
2. Or, you can utilize Google’s SketchUp program. That’s what we used to create the floor plans in this video! They offer a 30 day trial program, and you can either download the program right onto your computer or use it on the web. This will give you the best, DIY nursery room layout if you’re not a designer who has fancy software!
3. And finally, for our design professionals, you can also use AutoCAD. This is like a step up from SketchUp.
Before You Get Started
Before translating your room onto paper or into a computer program, be sure you’ve taken the following measurements:
- The length and width of the room
- The distance of the windows from adjacent walls
- The placement of outlets on each wall
- How far from the adjacent wall doors sit (and their width)
- Also, take not on whether or not the doors swing in or out of your space.
There you go, our top tips on how to measure for & draw the BEST nursery room layout (all on your own) 😄
If preparing for your new baby is stressful enough, let us help you! Learn more about our Virtual Design consults HERE! We will guide you through the measuring processing & draw the layout FOR you. Then, we’ll help you shop for chemical & cruelty-free nursery furniture & decor.